Sativa Seeds – Rocket Cultivated – 2 grams (GMO-FREE DECLARATION)
Germination Rate: 98%
Cultivated rocket is a must in any salad! With this quick growing leaf plant, you can prepare your own salads throughout the growing season.
With long, green, serrated leaves and a distinctive peppery taste, cultivated rocket adds a kick to your plate. Rocket cultivated is nutritional and is full of vitamin C.
Cultivated rocket is perfect for the baby leaf market. It is an easy and fast-growing leaf herb to include in your garden, it produces fast balanced, pungent dark green leaves.
It is one of the most appreciated leaf plants in Italian cuisine and it’s suitable for year-round cultivation.
It is used in sandwiches and mixed in salads with other greens. Cultivated Rocket thrives in cooler temperatures.
It grows well in containers filled with moist, well-draining soil to get the best flavors from your vegetables.
In warmer climates, such as zones 8+, they should be planted in fall rather than spring.
If you sow a row or section every 2 to 3 weeks, you can get a continuous harvest by dispersing the seeds evenly to grow a bed of tender leaves.
Sowing and Growing
Sowing and Growing
Cultivated rocket grows well in moisture soil rich in organic matter, and it also can adapt to a wide pH range.
The soil is prepared by adding about 2 cm of organic matter to the soil before planting.
Cultivated Rocket can be grown in several different ways, and below we will list some of those methods.
Cultivation in seedling trays:
- Prepare the soil mixture in the seedling tray or pot, and place the seeds at a depth of 1 cm.
- Spray the seeds with water using a sprayer so that the soil is moist enough to germinate the seeds.
|You can check the soil moisture by rubbing the soil between your fingers and sticking your finger in the soil, if the soil is moist enough you will feel the moisture on your fingers) and cover it with a bag Plastic to speed up the germination process, and don’t forget to make holes in the plastic bag so the seeds can breathe.
and don’t forget to make holes in the plastic bag so the seeds can breathe.
- Incubate a tray or planting pot for about 3 days, and do not reveal it except every 48 hours to freshen the air until germination, then remove the plastic bag.
- After germination, the trays are incubated and carefully watered, without exposing them to direct sunlight for a period not less than 15 days, and then the plant is ready to be planted in the soil, in a larger pot, or exposed to direct sunlight after the appearance of 3 true leaves.
- Also, the transplanting of cultivated rocket takes place during the spring and autumn seasons, so the transplantation takes place within months from the beginning of March to May, as well as from the beginning of August to October.
Cultivated Rocket does not have high fertilization requirements. However, cultivated Rocket may appear deficient in some nutrients such as phosphorus, potassium, or iron.
- Plants that suffer from phosphorus deficiency are stunted and have a dark color.
- Burning edges of old leaves is a symptom of potassium deficiency.
- Iron-deficient leaves, which are common in winter, are expressed as yellowing between the veins on young leaves.
All you need is to mix a complete soluble fertilizer with water at the recommended rates to reduce these problems.
Some simple fertilizers can also be used in addition to the organic fertilizers added to the soil.
Some Plant Needs
- Type: Leafy Green
- Pot size: 15 – 25 cm
- Maturity Days: 45 : 65 Days
- Planting: Jan – May / Sep – Dec
- Planting Depth: 1cm
- Plant Distances: 15 – 30 cm
- Preferred Soil for germinating: 70% Cocopeat 10% Vermiculite 5% Perlite 15% Plant Compost
- Germination period: 5 – 10 Days
- Preferred Soil for transplanting: 60% Cocopeat 7% Vermiculite 3% Perlite 30% Plant Compost
- Light: Full Sun – Part Shade. Most varieties require a minimum of 2-3 hours daily and for winter variety (1-2 hours)
- PH: 6.0 – 7.5
- Electrical Conductivity (EC): 0.8 – 1.2 Ms.
- Total Dissolved Salts (TDS): 512 – 768 PPM
- Color: Green
– Relieves constipation
– Fights cancer
– Cleans the colon
– Promotes health digestion
– Prevents atherosclerosis
– Reduces cholesterol
– Protects the kidney
– Maintains a healthy skin
– Fights inflammation
– Helps with weight loss
– Reduces the risk of heart disease
– Prevents obesity
– Prevents osteoporosis
– Increases fluid intake
– Promotes a healthy pregnancy
– Prevents anemia
– Alleviates stress and relaxes muscles
– Boosts the immune system
– Maintains a healthy vision
– Maintains a healthy metabolism rate
– Helps in preventing scurvy
– Helps in preventing Alzheimer
– Promotes sexual desire
– Prevents ulcer
– Promotes healthy hair
– Protects the liver
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.