Maribor Lettuce – 2 Grams
Sativa Seeds from Italy (GMO-FREE DECLARATION)
Maribor Lettuce has a smooth vibrant-green colored leaf, voluminous tuft and is considered a robust vigorous plant. This cool-weather crop grows sweet and tender and is a perfect addition to any fresh dish.
There are numerous types of lettuce however, this variety is suitable for Spring and Fall cultivation since it has a good tolerance for warm weather. Consider planting heat-tolerant varieties if growing lettuce in warm climates.
Maribor Lettuce has high resistance to: ( Bremia Lactucae BI 1-16) and it is “tip burn” tolerant.
Lettuce is one of the most popular and extensively used crops in the world. It is grown well in almost any gardening system, whether hydroponic, aquaponic, or traditional soil and is known to have a high market demand.
Hundreds of lettuce varieties are grown around the world.
Both high temperatures and dry soil can trigger plants to bolt and flower, turning the leaves bitter and stopping leaf production.
Lettuce is vulnerable to post-harvest wilting if the harvesting techniques are handled roughly during the process.
Water makes up over 95% of raw lettuce. As a result, eating lettuce hydrates the body. Although drinking liquids is necessary, water in foods can also significantly contribute to hydration
Lettuce is a source of vitamin A, which plays a role in eye health. Vitamin A can reduce a person’s risk of cataracts. Vitamin A also helps prevent macular degeneration.
Extracts of multiple lettuce types have also been shown to promote sleep. Until further research is conducted, it’s unknown if the lettuce in its natural form can produce a similar effect.
The nutritional content of lettuce varies across varieties.
Lettuce contains a significant amount of vitamin A, along with small amounts of vitamin C and iron.
1- Prepare your soil mix and put your seeds at a 2 cm depth.
2- Spray the seeds and cover them with a plastic case to accelerate the germination process, don’t forget to make holes in the plastic case for the seeds to breathe.
3- It has a short growing cycle when it’s healthy.
– Days to Maturity: 45 -65 Days
– Planting Depth: 2 cm
– Plant Spacing: 15 cm: 25 cm
– Soil Preference: 70% Cocopeat 10% Vermiculite 5% Perlite 15% Plant Compost
– Temp Preference: Cool (7°C: 21°C) but 18°C is ideal.
– Light Preference: Full Sun – Part Shade. Most varieties require a minimum of 2-3 hours daily and for winter variety it only requires 1-2 hours
– pH Range: 5.5 – 6.5
– EC: 1.0-1.6
– TDS: 500-800 PPM
– Color: Green
– Lettuce can be harvested quickly as a batch by cutting the whole head.
– Harvesting the entire plant including the roots and keeping it in cold temperatures, just above freezing (above 0º C) is ideal, this way lettuce can stay fresh for up to three weeks.
– Don’t let the lettuce freeze, if frozen, the leaf will decay rapidly.
– Lettuce requires humidity to keep it from drying out, but condensation or heavy moisture on the leaves is detrimental.
– The best thing that producers can do to avoid condensation is to keep temperatures very consistent.
– Producers should process lettuce as little as possible.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.